Driving a Culture of Inclusion
A culture of inclusion is one that welcomes and encourages everyone to be themselves and that leads employees to feel like they belong…a part of the organization. That means; actively involving every worker’s ideas, knowledge, perspectives, approaches, and styles to maximize business success. This is imperative in the new global business marketplace because companies with diverse employees will deliver the brand promises to changing tastes and preferences of customers. While diversity and inclusion is often policy; it must become a way of life. This presentation will highlight how businesses can focus on showing workers that diversity is part of the day to day employee experience at each touch point.
• Culture--How work gets done at your company: Participants will explore the underpinnings of corporate culture and how the employee experience brings culture to life.
• Diversity, Harassment, and Inclusion: What has made inclusion the imperative in today’s workplace. The speaker will challenge participants to work within their organizations to crive a dulture of inclusion and to introduce methods to help strengthen culture and mold it to align with the identified mission and values of the organization.
• Case studies: Lessons learned from Southwest Airlines and Yahoo
• How to use HR tools to bring a culture of inclusion to life.
• How to build a sustainable and self-replicating culture: Where all employees feel a sense of belonging and contribute to organizational success.
Libby Sartain, SHRM-SCP, SPHR
Libby Sartain is an independent director and advisor, working with companies on human resource issues or in advisory capacity. With 40 years of experience in human resources, she is also an author and frequent speaker, using her HR leadership and management experience at companies in technology, transportation and manufacturing. She led human resources at Yahoo! and Southwest Airlines during transformative periods. Both companies were among Fortune magazine’s “Best Places to Work” during her tenure. Sartain now serves on the board of directors of ManpowerGroup, AARP, and AARP Foundation (Chair). She is the former board chair of the Society for Human Resource Management and currently is Chairman of the SHRM Foundation Board. She formerly served on the board of Peet’s Coffee and Tea and Shutterfly inc. She chaired the compensation committees of all three public boards. She was honored in 2020 by NACD in the Directorship 100 as one of the 50 most influential corporate directors.